Automotive Electricians install, maintain and repair electrical wiring and electronic components in motor vehicles.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- using test equipment to locate electrical and electronic malfunctions
- dismantling and removing electrical and electronic assemblies and components
- installing electrical equipment and electronic components in motor vehicles
- connecting power-operated vehicle equipment and accessories to power supply
- adjusting engine control systems and timing
- testing and replacing defective alternators, generators, voltage regulators and starter motors
- repairing and replacing faulty ignition and electrical wiring
- replacing defective parts such as fuses, lamps and switches
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Cert II in Automotive Electrical Technology
- Cert III in Automotive Electrical Technology
- Cert IV in Automotive Technology
Other Careers In This Industry
- Mon 22 Jan , 2018
- $50,001 - $60,000
- Wed 17 Jan , 2018
- Emu Heights
Apprentice Marine Technician
- Bate Bay Outboard & Sterndrive Service
- A great opportunity to commence a career in the Marine industry. Were looking for an apprentice for our busy workshop. Offering work both within the factory and onsite, no two days are the same!
- Opportunity to learn one on one with a reputable, skilled tradesman
- Be an important part of a fast growing business
- Great opportunity for personal growth and to establish a long career in a fun industry
- Trades & ServicesMotor Mechanics
- Sun 14 Jan , 2018
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/