Science Technicians perform tests and experiments, and provide technical support functions to assist with research, design, production and teaching in chemistry, earth sciences, life sciences, and physical sciences.
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- preparing materials for experimentation such as freezing and slicing specimens and mixing chemicals
- collecting information and samples
- conducting field and laboratory experiments, tests and analyses
- presenting results in graphic and written form by preparing maps, charts, sketches, diagrams and reports
- performing routine mathematical calculations, and computations of measurements
- controlling the quality and quantity of laboratory supplies by testing samples and monitoring usage
- checking, calibrating and maintaining test equipment
- participating in fabricating, installing and modifying equipment to ensure that critical standards are met
- preparing experiments and demonstrations for science classes.
- Chemistry Technician
- Earth Science Technician
- Life Science Technician
- School Laboratory Technician
- Science Technicians
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Diploma of Laboratory Technology
- Advanced Diploma of Laboratory Operations
Other Careers In This Industry
Product Development Assistant
- Silvan Australia
- Great Opportunity for a new Graduate to participate in the research and development or agricultural products. Family business and great culture
- Excellent role for professional development
- Friendly helpful team
- Medium Family business who care about their staff
- Science & TechnologyScience Technicians
- Mon 26 Feb , 2018
- Dandenong South, Victoria
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/