Bakers and Pastrycooks prepare and bake bread loaves and rolls, buns, cakes, biscuits and pastry goods.
Image supplied by Bellaroma Coffee
- How many are employed in this occupation?
- What are the average weekly earnings for full time workers ($ before tax)?
- How does unemployment compare with other occupations?
- What are the job prospects for this occupation?
- What will be the likely future employment growth for the next five years?
This role would suite the below personality styles:
Take our Career Quiz to match your "Personality Style" with a career.
This occupation may include associated occupations with varying tasks.
- checking the cleanliness of equipment and operation of premises before production runs to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- checking the quality of raw materials and weighing ingredients
- kneading, maturing, cutting, moulding, mixing and shaping dough and pastry goods
- preparing pastry fillings
- monitoring oven temperatures and product appearance to determine baking times
- coordinating the forming, loading, baking, unloading, de-panning and cooling of batches of bread, rolls and pastry products
- glazing buns and pastries, and decorating cakes with cream and icing
- operating machines which roll and mould dough and cut biscuits
- emptying, cleaning and greasing baking trays, tins and other cooking equipment
VET (Vocational Education And Training)
- Certificate III in Retail Baking (Bread), Certificate III in Retail Baking (Cake and Pastry),Certificate III in Patisserie
- Certificate IV in Advanced Baking, Certificate IV in Patisserie
- Diploma of Hospitality
- Advanced Diploma of Hospitality
Other Careers In This Industry
- Thu 1 Feb , 2018
- The Roundabout Restaurant
- Are you passionate about delivering a great service to your customers? Are you a bit of a foodie & wine buff? Perhaps you’re interested in becoming one? We have an opportunity that is not to be missed!
- Hospitality & TourismWaiters
- Wed 14 Feb , 2018
- Wagga Wagga
- Mantra Lounge
- We are looking for a head chef, who will be involved in staffing of the kitchen, developing menu offerings, forecasting supply needs and estimating costs. You are expected to make sure the restaurant meets all regulations, including sanitary and safety guidelines.
- Hospitality & TourismChefs
- Wed 14 Feb , 2018
- $50,001 - $60,000
Career data sourced from: http://joboutlook.gov.au/